Saturday

I know that it’s been a while since you have all heard from me, but that’s what happens when you are a busy woman!  Anyway, I had a dinner and card party the other night for the girls. We haven’t hung out for a while and it was about time for all of us to catch up. Of course it ended up turning into everyone talking about their relationships…or lack thereof. Some questions came about during the course of the evening, but here are the two main questions that we need answered:

  1. What is it that men REALLY want?
  2. Why is it that when we do the right thing and treat a man well, they seem to walk all over us?

I know that these are questions that women have asked since the beginning of time, but I would really like to know the answers.One friend has a man that likes to play the role of Harry Hoodini. He just likes to disappear every once in a while and then expect for her to be waiting at the door with open arms when he decides to come back. Another friend has a man that talks to her any way he pleases like she is his slave or something! And then there is the infamous man with drama. Oh, how could I forget "Mr. Control Freak"?

Now, I do understand that no one can do anything to you that you don’t allow them to do. With that being said, they choose to stay, but we can’t judge them because we haven’t walked a mile in their shoes. It’s not like these women are stupid by any means!We are a group of honest, professional, well-educated women that have worked hard to get where we are. I can honestly say that my friends definitely “upgrade” the men that they deal with.

So what’s the problem? No one is perfect, so it goes without saying that everyone has issues. I can’t place blame in any of the situations. They are my friends, but I do know that they are the cause of some of the issues within the relationship. On the flip side, there are issues that these men bring to the table also. I’m sure you can see that just by the way I described them! Could it be that these women are too nice? Maybe the men that they deal with are just not that into them. If that’s the case, why not just move on and leave them alone?

I don’t know the answers and I am truly tired of thinking about it. I’ve dealt with men similar to each of these men and I know it’s hard, but I left them alone because at the end of the day, my sanity meant more to me than they did. So I’m going to just listen to your advice…

Let's hear your thoughts...

So Simple, Yet So Complex...That's Me! . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved.