Wednesday


Everyone meets good people and bad people in life. It's just what happens. Regardless of what we may think, everyone that we meet and interact with serves a specific purpose. We learn and grow from experiences - especially the negative experiences. Knowing that, I realized that I never took the time to thank the people in my life that have made me the strong woman that I am today. You would think that I would be talking about my parents or other positive role models, but not this time. So, here we go…(Oh, I've changed the names of the guilty to protect them LOL!)

Thank you F. -
You are a WONDERFUL teacher! Our meeting was by chance and I think that I learned life's best lessons from you. It's just too bad the pain associated with the lesson was so severe that I can't bring myself to want to EVER see you again. I guess it's what you call tough love. You took the time to get to know me. You spent time learning everything about me and I appreciated that because at the time that we met, I really needed someone like you to come into my life. Without you in my life for those couple of years, I probably would have never realized my true self worth and that I am not just a sex toy to be used at your disposal…especially when I am not the only toy in the box. I learned that I am truly a beautiful woman – inside and out. You taught me how to love myself and that Beyonce' was right - "Me, Myself, and I is all I got in the end!" I'm now a better person because I realize that although a man may try to change me to be what they want me to be, I am just fine the way I am.I am right to remain true to myself and to my faith. Oh, that also reminds me…I need to give you credit for teaching me what I don't want in a man and for that I owe you big time!

Thank you R. -
If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have my son and for that I owe you the world. We had very few good times and we definitely had our bad times. Actually, you've put me through hell ever since the minute I told you that I was pregnant, but without you doing that, I wouldn't have learned how to be a strong black woman that keeps smiling and keeps my head up in the face of adversity. I've learned that no one can do anything to me that I do not allow them to do. These lessons will take me further than most of life's lessons.

Thank you T. -
What can I say about you? You deceived me to the point that I almost thought that I would never trust another man. You used me and then tried to turn everything around to make your acts of infidelity seem like my fault.Damn, you put my life in danger, but honestly, I wouldn't have learned the importance of protection or how to be aware of my surroundings at all times. (I should probably thank Trojan and Lifestyles also.)

Thank you D. -
Oh my goodness! I believed that you were the love of my life! The way we met was so enchanted and so romantic that I just knew that we were meant to be. You were the man that taught me the importance of seeing people for who they really are. LOL! I even have to credit you for helping me to strengthen my investigative skills. I now know a bit more about lying and the body language associated with it. You taught me that it's never ok for a man to ever put his hands on me in a forceful manner. Through your actions, you reinforced to me the importance of family and how we should never to lie about the blessings that are bestowed upon us.

Thank you W. -
We were so young, so in love and so naive. I didn't know any better and you had never been with a girl with even the slightest bit of class. Through it all, I have to say that you taught me a few valuable lessons. I wouldn't have learned how important it is to be self sufficient and how to plan for the rainy days. During that point of my life, I couldn't see how fast the storm clouds were rolling in because I was hypnotized by the calm before the storm.You taught me that things are not always what they seem. Most importantly, you taught me how to forgive.

So, as you can see, I have grown from many bad relationships in my past. Just the fact that I am able to grow from the experiences is an accomplishment in itself. The main lesson of this entire post is this:  Never let negativity or the way people treat you define who you are and how you treat others.  No matter how bad the situation, turn every negative into a positive and you will be a much happier person.


Let's hear your thoughts...

So Simple, Yet So Complex...That's Me! . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved.