Wednesday

On February 27th, I woke up and I couldn’t believe what was happening.  On April 7th, I had the same feeling, but in a different way. On that day, I woke up and before I could even get out of bed, I prayed that God would put an end to my unemployment.  I had prayed that very same prayer each day for 6 weeks, but this time, I did it unconsciously.  I did it before I opened my eyes and before I got out of bed to start my day.

It was a normal Tuesday.  I went to the gym, straightened up around the house, applied for more jobs and then picked up my son.  Later that day, I was on the soccer field with my son when my mobile phone rang.  I didn’t recognize the number, but I had been getting a lot of calls from numbers that I didn’t recognize.  This one was different.  It was after 6:00 pm and the call was from a local number.  I had only applied for 1 job in the local area.  All of the others were in major cities across the United States…and a few out of the country. 

I answered my phone and to my surprise it was the director at a company that I had a second interview with 2 weeks ago.  He told me that they would like to extend an offer to me and that I would not have to take a pay cut from my previous employer.  They also wanted me to start on Monday morning.  At that moment, life stopped.  I stopped moving and breathing.  God had actually heard my prayers and I couldn’t believe it. 

I now have a different attitude.  Being unemployed during this terrible recession has changed the way I think about everything.  I’ve learned not to take anything for granted and to enjoy what you have…even if it doesn’t seem to be an ideal situation.  Above all, I’ve learned to have patience and faith.  I’m going to miss going to the gym every morning, being home with my baby right after school, doing homework and having him help me cook dinner at a decent hour, but I am so happy to be blessed with a job.  It may not seem like much, but right now, it’s what I have and I’m thankful for it.

Let's hear your thoughts...

So Simple, Yet So Complex...That's Me! . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved.