Friday

The words are hard to hear
They cut like a knife
It was one of my biggest fears
The re-evaluation of my life

Do I really deserve better?
That’s the question on my mind
An empty shell of a person
With no self-esteem or pride

I’ve allowed this to happen
The fault is my own
I’ve become this empty person
To whom Hell has become home

No rest for the wary
It’s not what I deserve
I’ve finally been enlightened
And have finally gathered the nerve

I know I deserve much more
But right now I can’t imagine life
Without drama and despair
Lonely tears and futile fights

You can’t offer me bliss
To uplift and feed my soul
Only raised voices and clenched fists
Ending with me crawling into a hole

I’m a brand new person
Introspect has shown me the path
That led me to this new life
And clear of your wrath

I’m free!
Negativity is no more
No more questioning my actions
Only the brightness of what life has in store

I know that I deserve much better
Now, my self worth exceeds the sky
So I hope you listen to my words
And except my final goodbye


- E. Brown

1 comments:

I loved this prose. Saying goodbye to negativity - I often remind myself of this being the best and perhaps only way to live.

It's a ride, I admit, but one that leads me to believe that it's worth it, if a person is trying to 'get there.'

Thanks for sharing.

REPLY

Let's hear your thoughts...

So Simple, Yet So Complex...That's Me! . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved.