Monday

Dear Misery, 
I’m not writing this letter to you to see how you’re doing or to even start an ongoing dialogue between the two of us.  This, old friend, will be the very last correspondence that will ever exist between the two of us. I think it’s about that time that you and I part ways for good.
I don’t want to play the blame game anymore. I won’t say that you are the reason for me feeling the way I used to feel or acting the way I used to act.  The truth is, you were never the one that made me do anything...it was me.  I am now taking responsibility for my actions, or lack thereof.  
I am better than the drama that you bring into my life or the pain that you have cause me to feel. I refuse to choose sadness as a way of life.  I want more for myself.  You, old friend, cannot offer me what I deserve so I must part ways with you for good.  
I can tell that you’ve moved on, yet you still try to keep me around.  That’s not going to happen. As of this moment, you are officially out of my life.  We can’t even be associates.  You cannot offer me anything that I want or need.  
I know you’ll try to find out what led me to make this decision.  The answer is simple...no need to ask around because I don’t have a problem telling you that I’ve finally come to my senses. I have been walking down the wrong path for some time and finally came to the fork in the road.  If I chose the right side, I would’ve continued walking down the road hand in hand with you.  On that path, you had my heart and mind, but the relationship wasn’t fulfilling my wants, needs, or desires.  We were walking side by side, but I had a blindfold over my eyes.  I knew it the entire time, but I still chose to ride with you.  My choice was wrong.
The left side has much more to offer!  The energy felt different and I was able to remove the blindfold and actually feel something that I hadn’t felt in a long time.  I wasn’t reduced to nothing each and every time something went wrong in my life.  I was actually able to learn and experience how life can be when true love enters into the mix.  This is what I’ve been missing.  This is what you were never able to offer me.  This is what I want for myself.
Removing you from my life has been much easier than I anticipated.  I wish you well in your new home.  Please respect my wishes and don’t ever try to make contact with me again. My life is much better without you and if you care about me you’ll respect that. 
Wait...I’m giving you too much credit...your name is Misery!  You don’t care about anyone, but yourself.  You use people until you suck them dry and leave them as an empty, soulless mess...useless to anyone, including themselves. I understand that you love company, but this is one home that you are not welcome to visit again. 
I know I’m supposed to end this by saying something like, “Until we meet again”, but that will never happen.  
Signed, 
~Me

Let's hear your thoughts...

So Simple, Yet So Complex...That's Me! . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved.