Monday

Each and every day I pray that I am able to get through the day and that I'm also able to make it through the night.  I pray for my child, my family, friends, those that are sick, and I give a special shout out to my enemies.  Lately, my prayers have evolved.  I've been praying for peace.

My life is hectic.  Like many, I work full time and I'm a full time mother.  My 5 year old son has a crazier schedule than I do with piano lessons, drum lessons, and sports.  I won't ever complain about that.  He deserves to be exposed to everything that I can afford.  I just find at the end of the day I'm physically and emotionally drained.  

During Thanksgiving, my family was visiting and my grandmother mentioned The Serenity Prayer.  It has inspired me and it's definitely helping.  I've only seen the first part of it before, but after reading the rest, I realize that I have some work to do.  I need to change the way I deal with situations and to lean more on my faith.  Hopefully it can inspire others the way it has inspired me.  


"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen."  

--Reinhold Niebuhr



1 comments:

Wow, I love that! I never knew that there was more to that prayer. I've only heard the first part. I think I am going to meditate on that for a minute...

REPLY

Let's hear your thoughts...

So Simple, Yet So Complex...That's Me! . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved.