30 Days of Truth: Day 8 - ‘Someone Who Made Your Life Hell or Treated You Like Crap’
Here we go! I think someone had it planned for me to be sick on day 8 of this project. I’m sooo sick and so miserable that this is probably the only day that I would be willing to write a post that blasts everyone for everything they’ve ever done to me. I’m going to do my best and be honest.
Here’s something pretty interesting that some folks may not believe...I’ve grown up! Back in the day, I would have blamed others for making my life a living hell. I even wrote a post dedicated to my ex’s about how much I learned from the way they treated me. (I did change the names of people to protect the guilty. I deserve some credit for that!) Now I realize that no one can do anything to me that I don’t allow them to do. I look back on that post and realize that it was a little reckless, but it was a turning point for me. That was the moment that I realized that no one has ever made my life a living hell...except me.
I am now in a place where I can accept my part in any negative happenings in my life. How can someone else make your life hell? It’s simply not possible. I now understand that I can’t control other people’s actions. I can’t control other people’s feelings. I can only control myself and my reaction to the things that people do to me. I’m in a place that I realize one thing...the moment I settle for less than I deserve is the exact moment that I deserve what I settled for.
I’m finally in a place that I am not living in my own personal hell. I have learned to get out of negative situations and rid myself of people that are not moving in the same direction that I’m going. What direction is that? I’m on the fast track to make it to the top. Are you with me? I’ll meet you up there.

Let's hear your thoughts...