Monday

‘You can show me better than you can tell me.
This is something that my parents have instilled in me from an early age. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to fully understand it until I was much older.  Nonetheless, it’s a lesson that everyone should learn.  
I’ve learned that people will say anything (lie) to get what they want.  We’ve all done it at one time or another.  I’m not sure what purpose it serves for people to continue operating in this manner, but that’s something that I can’t concern myself with.  I can only worry about myself.  There is, however, a way to reveal if and when a person is  being sincere with their words. It may take a little bit of time, but it’s well worth it.  We should simply study their actions. 
I have reached the point in life where I’ve decided to stop listening to what people say and have started watching what they do.   I've adopted the 'show and prove' mentality.  You can tell a lot about a person when you pay attention to their actions.  Actions give you a better sense of a person’s character.  I mentioned that this may take a little bit of time.  It’s because people can only put up a facade (a deceptive outer appearance) for so long.  After some time, the facade becomes too much to maintain.  If the person is telling you everything you want to hear, you will notice very quickly that they are probably not  telling you the truth because they will be unable or unwilling to support their words with actions.  It will become obvious that their intentions were not good from the beginning.  
Open your eyes and you will see that all the information you need to know about a person is right in front of you.  The information doesn’t come from hearsay, nor is it derived from your opinion.  The information is shown to you directly from source. 

Let's hear your thoughts...

So Simple, Yet So Complex...That's Me! . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved.