The R.E.A.L. Thing
REAL /ˈrē(ə)l/ (adj.):
- Genuine and authentic; not artificial or spurious
- Being no less than what is stated; worthy of the name
- Free of pretense, falsehood, or affectation
How many times per day do you hear people boast about how 'real' they are and how they are probably more “real” than anyone you’ve ever met? They are the same people that tell you to ‘keep it real’ or ‘keep it 100’. I don’t know about you, but I hear it all the time. People are always so quick to talk about being real, but extremely slow to show it.
I’ll admit, my expectations are a little high. I’m working on that. I expect people to be real and to be themselves just as I am going to do. I don’t want to kick it with your ‘representative’. I just want you to be you. I want you to be a true friend, hang out, have a good time and give me honest advice...all without an ulterior motive. Is that so much to ask?
Because I have met so many fake people, I am very hesitant to trust anyone. It takes a while to get me to open up. It’s not something that I like, but it’s the truth. This is the reason why my circle of friends is so small. My real friends are people that I’ve been friends with for YEARS. Everyone else is an acquaintance. I can tell you this much...if I haven’t learned anything in my life, I have learned this:
When people have to tell you numerous times how ‘real’ they are, you can pretty much bet that the word REAL is an acronym for:
Remember Everyone Ain’t Loyal
Honestly, I’m going to need people to start showing me how ‘real’ they can be. Actions speak so much louder than words. When people show me who they are, I believe them. Words don’t mean anything to me because, unfortunately, everyone’s word is not their bond. Do us all a favor and stop talking about it. Make an effort to be about it and in turn I will give you my trust and friendship.
The Real Thing Lyrics:
You gotta do right by me, its mandatory baby
Sweeter than your favorite ice cream be, bask in my glory baby
Don't play no games, that'll ruin thangs
And make me leave one the street and you don't want that
Don't hesitate, I could make you great
Like Cleopatra Jones I could set you straight
[Chorus:]
I'm the real thing, in stereo
I got a little highs, I got a little lows
Follow this, melodic flow
I could make it shine, I could make it glow
[Repeat x2]
I'm more than a toy for your satisfaction
I'm a pay-per-view on your TV screen, your main attraction
Your phosphorus, I'm your energy
When your lost and you need some focus come see me
I'll entice ya mind, I do it all the time
In the mornin', in the evenin', when the doves cry
I can feed you gut, put you in a tub
When I turn it up, yeah brotha you know what's up
A little bubbles and a body rub, turn off the water (drip drip)
Don't think about dessert, I got enough
And a whole lot more to give

2 comments
good post ..u are so right about that ..actions always speak louder than words
REPLYvery good post and totally agree ..that has always been my motto that actions speak louder than words
REPLYLet's hear your thoughts...