Thursday



‘Don't mistake movement for achievement. It's easy to get faked out by being busy. The question is: Busy doing what?’
~Jim Rohn


I stay busy!  People constantly ask me what I have going on that I am so busy all the time.  Well, let’s see…
  • President and CEO of my house…full-time (This title includes financial planner, accounts receivable/payable executive, secretary/admin person, benefits generalist, maid, chef, nurse, teacher, disciplinarian, chauffer, etc.)
  •  Work…full-time (Usually 60+ hours per week.)
  • Mommy-duty…full-time (This includes football practice, basketball practice, school and PTA events/meetings, homework, etc.)
  • School…full-time (The MBA program is no joke!)
  • Relationship…full-time (This requires just as much time and effort as Mommy-duty.)
  • Friend/Counselor/Problem Solver…full-time (I wouldn’t have it any other way.)
  • Gym rat…part-time  (I’m not a full gym rat yet, but I’m getting there.  This is what keeps me sane…besides Church.)
Get the hint?  It’s hard to even make time to sleep with so much going on.  It boils down to this…I am achieving something while being busy.  I am being a productive part of society, teaching my son life lessons, working toward another degree that will help me to get ahead in the workplace, building a foundation with a man that may someday be my husband, and being there for family and friends who are there for me.  

There are a lot of other things I could be doing, but I wouldn’t trade my life for anything.  So when you say that you are so busy, take a look at what you’re actually doing.  Are you making progress to achieve a goal or are you just being busy for the sake of being busy?  Think about it…

Let's hear your thoughts...

So Simple, Yet So Complex...That's Me! . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved.