On My Grown Woman Swag…
I am going to state this from the beginning – I AM A GROWN (beep) WOMAN, DAWG!
What does that mean? It means that I make my own decisions. I am confident, not conceited. I don’t play games. I do not follow the crowd. I am a classy lady. I do not feed into foolishness. I will not tolerate drama. I communicate effectively. I take care of myself financially. I will have a man in my life because I want him by my side…not because I need him to take care of me or my child. I am a productive part of society. I am an excellent mother and provider for my child. I have a career, not a job. In other words, I know how to handle my business and I know how to handle it well.
Intimidated yet? Most men are.
My definition of a ‘grown woman’ is strictly my opinion. Of course there are other traits that should be included, but I’ll save that for another post.
Why am I mentioning all of this? I’ve noticed that a lot of women need to get on their grown woman game.
Too many of us are trying to compete with the younger generation. Although I miss my 20s, I can’t say that I’d like to go back. We should learn from our younger years and from the 20 year old girls that we see walking down the street. We shouldn’t try to compete with them. Many 20-somethings are still living at home and still trying to ‘find themselves’ or figure out what they’d like to do later in life. Some are on a paper chase instead of on the fast-track to a successful career. I’ll just come out and say it…people are irresponsible in their 20s.
Now that I’m in my 30s, I’m more mature and very responsible. I am a mother, provider, and a homeowner, so I really don’t have a choice. I left my 20s and never looked back.
So, what’s the formula? In my opinion, responsibility + the ability to learn from situations will make you an OK ‘grown woman’. Add class and confidence to the mix and you have true ‘grown woman swag’.

1 comments:
I know that's right!! Who has time for games and drama? More women need to be on their "grown woman swag!".
REPLYLet's hear your thoughts...