The Transfer of Negative Energy…
The other night I decided to watch ‘Two Can Play That Game’. That movie is so entertaining to me! It’s the age-old battle between women and men. The movie is much deeper than most people would gather.
During the part where Anthony Anderson and Morris Chestnut were having a conversation about Newton’s Law of Thermodynamic Energy, I realized that it’s the same thing that has been happening to me this week! It seems that all of my friends (and some other people that are not my friends) have been dumping their negative energy and experiences on me. They probably don’t realize it, but it’s exactly what they’re doing.
I know that I’m always the one preaching that ‘nobody can do anything to me that I don’t allow them to do’. I still believe this. For some crazy reason, I allowed being a friend and a good shoulder to lean on open me up to receiving their negative energy. I swear it’s taking a toll on me! I’ve noticed for the past two days that I’ve been a little short with people. It’s definitely not my intention, but its happening.
I’m normally the positive person that everyone looks to for good advice. I’m the person that bops into the office with a smile on my face because I try to live with an attitude of gratitude. This week, my attitude is straight CRAP! It has to change because I can’t be like this anymore. It’s entirely too draining.
As for my friends, aka ‘the dumpers’, they all feel great! I just talked to my one friend and she said that she hasn’t felt as good as she does in a long time. Hmmm, I wonder why…
So, I now know that there is something to the theory that you can transfer your negative feelings to someone else. I think I’m going to try another technique. I think I’ll try to ground the negative energy so that I don’t have to cast it off on anyone else. I’d hate for anyone to feel as badly as I do right now.
Next time, folks, keep your negativity to yourself. This friend is in ‘dumper time-out’. If you have something bothering you, tell someone else.

4 comments
Transfer of energy, espcially negative energy is real. Nice post. I like that movie too.
REPLY-Misslaknight
http://dearlovediaries.blogspot.com
Thank you. It's such a horrible feeling, but I think I'm doing much better now.
REPLYI will definitely follow your blog!
Yep, this is soooo true. Also, try the 1998 film "Fallen, where Denzel Washington is playing a detective, tracking an evil spirit that is transferred by touch. Its seems kind of far fetched but not too far off the mark, in reality!
REPLYLove it! Negativity is not an option!
REPLYLet's hear your thoughts...